WHAM! POW! VOTE!
It’s time for another year of Best Of, and you, fellow citizen, can now vote in the Colorado Springs Independent’s readers poll. Select your favorite things to do and see, places to eat and drink, people to follow, and everything else that you consider the Best Of Colorado Springs.
1) UP, UP AND AWAY! We're using a new system this year, so make sure you click the red "Vote" button next to each write-in category to save your choice -- see the example below. If you're ready, click into the Best of Colorado Springs ballot to get started. OR pick up a print copy of the Independent at one of our more than 950 distribution locations, fill out the hard-copy ballot, and mail it to the address given below.
2) VOTERS ASSEMBLE! 2013 Best Of Results Issues will come together on Oct. 16 and 23 in two giant-sized special editions. Oct. 16: Food & Drink and Nightlife Oct. 23: Shopping and Services, Daylife and Personalities
CHEATERS, BE FOREWARNED: WE DO DISQUALIFY AND BLOCK ALL INSTANCES OF BALLOT STUFFING BY REVIEWING IP AND E-MAIL ADDRESSES.ROGUE'S GALLERY!
1) YOUR NEMESIS Online surveys must be submitted by 11:59 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 31. Hard-copy surveys must be postmarked by 5 p.m., that same day. Only one ballot per reader, please; this includes online voting. All hard-copy ballots must be sent via U.S. Postal Service. Faxed, hand-delivered or photocopied ballots will not be accepted.
2) EVIL GENIUS You must vote for at least 15 categories for your ballot to count.
3) SECRET IDENTITY For verification purposes, all surveys must include name, address, daytime telephone number and a verifiable e-mail address.
4) CURSES! If we can’t read it, we won’t count it! Spell as best you can. And on the hard-copy ballot, please print clearly.
5) FORTRESS OF SOLITUDE No more than one ballot per envelope. And we repeat, all ballots, other than those submitted online, must be postmarked and sent through the U.S. Postal Service. We will not accept ballots delivered by any other means. No fake IDs or stuffing the ballot box. Even if you come in peace, if in doubt, we’ll toss your whole ballot and your votes will be quarantined — this is your one WARNING.
6) WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT RESPONSIBILITY Take a little time to carefully review the categories. Some are new. Some are gone. There must be at least three businesses operating in a given category in order for that category to appear on our ballot.MAIL COMPLETED BALLOT TO: BEST OF COLORADO SPRINGS COLORADO SPRINGS INDEPENDENT 235 S. NEVADA AVE. COLORADO SPRINGS, CO 80903